Seeking: Transaction & Business Development Manager
SolRiver Capital is seeking a Transaction & Business Development Manager. You will manage SolRiver’s efforts to acquire and invest in new solar projects. You’ll primarily be working with developers, installers, and other partners to identify, evaluate, and negotiate the acquisition of solar projects.
Launched in 2016, SolRiver Capital is a Denver-based solar investment firm that acquires and develops mid-size solar projects across the country. We acquire projects by partnering with developers in the early-to-late development stages (pre-NTP). Our focus is on utility-scale projects, typically between 2MW and 30MW. SolRiver’s team combines top-tier developers, financial professionals, and operational experts with over 10 years’ experience each. Our group has developed and managed over 300 commercial and small utility-scale systems, totaling 180MW of capacity, requiring over $400MM to build.
SolRiver Capital is seeking a Transaction/Business Development Manager. You will manage SolRiver’s efforts to acquire or invest in new solar projects. You’ll primarily be working with developers, installers, and other partners to identify, evaluate, and negotiate the acquisition of solar projects.
Source solar project acquisition opportunities. Reach out to project developers to originate opportunities for the firm. Build and strengthen our relationship network of development partners including electrical contractors, EPCs, consultants, etc., to refer new opportunities.
Evaluate new projects and project portfolios. Drawing from our investment criteria, run pro-formas, test economics, and define terms for potential acquisitions. Run the SolRiver due diligence process.
Negotiation & Closing:
Manage the negotiation and closing of solar project acquisitions or investments. That includes drafting term sheets, along with structuring MIPAs, DSAs, EPC Contracts, and other agreements.
- Experience with solar project development and financing a must.
- Demonstrable experience negotiating transactions and closing deals is a must.
- Strong business development acumen.
- Familiarity with Excel and solar project financing concepts is critical.
- Ability to read and understand solar and investment contracts.
- Must be a friendly, persuasive, and diligent person comfortable juggling many phone calls.
Please send an email/cover letter touching on:
1) why this role interests you,
2) your experience with solar project development or finance,
3) your experience negotiating/closing transactions, and
4) some examples of your past business development efforts.
Contact Brandon Conard at jobs [at] solrivercapital.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.