SolRiver Capital is seeking a finance professional to be our Renewable Energy Project Analyst. This position is for someone motivated to learn, with strong writing skills, a head for finance, and passion for renewable energy.
The analyst will support all aspects of developing and closing solar project investments. This includes working with project developers to evaluate new investment opportunities, preparing outreach materials, creating investor presentations, and assisting with business development.
ABOUT SOLRIVER CAPITAL
SolRiver Capital is a rapidly growing solar investment fund focused on acquiring and operating distributed generation and utility scale projects. Founded in 2016 by solar and storage finance experts, SolRiver utilizes an innovative yet disciplined investment approach to acquire clean energy assets across the country. We began with a single $3MM system, and four years later we have projects in 8 different states, with $200MM to deploy over the next twelve months. A key to our success is a small, talented, hard-working team. Our ethos is an entrepreneurial culture of ownership, problem-solving, and continuous improvement.
New Project Evaluation:
- Work closely with developers, installers, and partners to evaluate new solar project opportunities.
- Drawing from our investment criteria, run pro-formas, test economics, and then define terms for project investment.
Project Transaction Coordination:
- Support in the origination, negotiation and closing of project finance transactions, including term sheet development and negotiation, as well as assisting in the due diligence process.
Create Written Work Product:
- Most of the work for this role involves writing. You’ll write proposals, term sheets, marketing materials, outreach emails, and investment presentations. It is critical that you are a clear, efficient writer.
- Proficient with Excel.
- Finance experience preferred but not required. Investment banking, project finance, or corporate M&A experience is a plus.
- Strong aptitude to learn complex concepts, including tax rules, energy policy, financial structures, and others.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and accountability.
- Organized, diligent, and able to track and manage multiple streams of information on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Team player.
Please send a cover letter and resume. Any examples of written work product is also helpful.
Contact Brandon Conard at jobs[at]solrivercapital.com