SolRiver Capital is seeking a Director of Solar Acquisitions.
ABOUT SOLRIVER CAPITAL
SolRiver Capital is a rapidly growing solar investment fund focused on acquiring and operating DG and and utility-scale solar projects. Founded in 2016, SolRiver utilizes an innovative yet disciplined investment approach to acquire clean energy assets across the country. We began with a single $3MM system, and four years later we have projects in 8 different states, with $200MM to deploy over the next twelve months. A key to our success is a small, talented, hard-working team. Our ethos is an entrepreneurial culture of ownership, problem-solving, and continuous improvement. The Director of Solar Acquisitions role will be a critical addition to the team, reporting to the CEO, responsible for closing investments.
- Work with our development partners on new investment opportunities.
- Build and strengthen our relationship network of partners including EPCs, consultants, etc., to refer new opportunities.
- Evaluate new projects and project portfolios.
- Drawing from our investment criteria, run pro-formas, and define deal terms.
- Run the SolRiver due diligence process.
Negotiation and Closing:
- Manage the negotiation and closing of solar project acquisitions or investments.
- Draft term sheets, along with structuring MIPAs, DSAs, EPC Contracts, and other agreements.
We are seeking an individual with three years of solar experience. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with renewable energy transactions. Candidates should enjoy negotiation and business development. Candidates should also be detail- oriented, proactive, supportive, and team-oriented.
- Experience with solar project development and financing a must.
- Demonstrable experience negotiating transactions and closing deals is also a must.
- Strong business development acumen.
- Familiarity with Excel, and solar project financing concepts is critical.
- Ability to read and understand solar and investment contracts.
- Must be a friendly, persuasive, and diligent person comfortable juggling many phone calls.
Please send an email/cover letter touching on: 1) why this role interests you, 2) your experience with solar project finance, and 3) your experience negotiating and closing transactions.
Contact Brandon Conard at jobs[at]solrivercapital.com