SolRiver Capital is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to be our Solar Asset Manager, responsible for the supervision of all of SolRiver’s projects under construction and operating assets.
SolRiver Capital is a rapidly growing solar investment fund focused on acquiring and operating distributed generation and utility scale projects. Founded in 2016 by solar and storage finance experts, SolRiver utilizes an innovative yet disciplined investment approach to acquire clean energy assets across the country. We began with a single $3MM system, and four years later we have projects in 8 different states, with $200MM to deploy over the next twelve months. A key to our success is a small, talented, hard-working team. Our ethos is an entrepreneurial culture of ownership, problem-solving, and continuous improvement. The Solar Asset Manager role will be a critical addition to the team, reporting to the CEO, responsible for construction and asset management of all our solar projects.
ABOUT THE ROLE
SolRiver is seeking a qualified team player to lead SolRiver’s asset management and construction oversight functions. As the Asset Manager, you will be responsible for supervising our contractors, monitoring operating assets, and solving problems when something goes off track.
Solar Asset Management
- Monitor and drive solar project operational performance by working closely with our third-party maintenance providers to ensure each system delivers the production expected.
- Ensure compliance with key project contracts (PPAs, IAs, Lease, Finance, O&M, etc.).
- Produce monthly/quarterly/annual performance reports.
- Insurance policy management, procurement, and renewal.
- Formulate asset management requirements manual for each project as it commences operation.
- Maintain and grow good relations with all contract parties.
Construction Project Management
- Ensure work performed by EPCs complies with technical requirements, contractual procedures, and regulatory standards governing the project.
- Review plans and specifications provided by EPC to confirm adherence to contract.
- Acts as primary contact with EPCs, suppliers, and property owners to ensure the project objectives as being met.
- Prepare and circulate Requests for Proposals to obtain EPC bids for new projects.
- Review and approve Change Orders, Pay Applications, lien waivers, etc.
- Review weekly progress reports to identify issues and take corrective action to remedy issues.
- Assist due diligence process of new investments.
- Evaluate proposed contractors, equipment specifications, and project plans for potential challenges.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors, suppliers, and other industry partners relevant to solar construction and asset management.
- Recommend contract specifications and processes to improve the efficiency and quality of project construction.
We are seeking an applicant with at least three years of experience with renewable energy systems, including an understanding of PV system design, operation, and key commercial terms. Candidates should be self-motivated, with the demonstrated ability to take on significant responsibility in an unstructured, fast-paced environment. Candidates should also be diligent, proactive, supportive, and team oriented.
- The ideal candidate is extremely detail oriented, with an ability to establish and follow processes.
- Understanding of PV system design, operation, and key commercial and business drivers.
- Able to read and comprehend equipment/facility schematics.
- Experience utilizing PMP tools.
- Knowledgeable in the systems, processes and protocols guiding the operations and maintenance of industrial PV solar plants and electrical systems.
- Possess excellent computer skills including all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and career driven individual.
Please send an email/cover letter touching on (1) your background with solar maintenance and construction; (2) your experience with project management; and (3) some examples of your qualifications for this role. Send applications to jobs [at] solrivercapital.com