SolRiver Capital is seeking an experienced solar professional to be our VP of Acquisitions.
ABOUT SOLRIVER CAPITAL
SolRiver Capital is a rapidly growing solar investment fund focused on acquiring and operating distributed generation and utility scale projects. Founded in 2016 by solar and storage finance experts, SolRiver utilizes an innovative yet disciplined investment approach to acquire clean energy assets across the country. We began with a single $3MM system, and four years later we have projects in 8 different states, with $200MM to deploy over the next twelve months. A key to our success is a small, talented, hard-working team. Our ethos is an entrepreneurial culture of ownership, problem-solving, and continuous improvement. The VP of Acquisitions role will be a critical addition to the team, reporting to the CEO, responsible for originating and closing investments, while also advising on business strategy and operational decisions.
- Source solar project acquisition opportunities.
- Reach out to project developers to originate opportunities for the firm.
- Build and strengthen our relationship network of development partners including electrical contractors, EPCs, consultants, etc., to refer new opportunities.
- Evaluate new projects and project portfolios.
- Drawing from our investment criteria, run pro-formas, test economics, and define terms for potential acquisitions.
- Run the SolRiver due diligence process.
Negotiation and Closing:
- Manage the negotiation and closing of solar project acquisitions or investments.
- Draft term sheets, along with structuring MIPAs, DSAs, EPC Contracts, and other agreements.
We are seeking an individual with at least three years of solar project finance experience. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with renewable energy transactions, involving acquisitions and project documents. Candidates should have superior negotiation and business development skills, the ability to take on significant responsibility, and manage a challenging workload within a collaborative and fast-paced environment. Candidates should also be detail- oriented, proactive, supportive, and team-oriented.
- Experience with solar project development and financing a must.
- Demonstrable experience negotiating transactions and closing deals is also a must.
- Strong business development acumen.
- Familiarity with Excel, and solar project financing concepts is critical.
- Ability to read and understand solar and investment contracts.
- Must be a friendly, persuasive, and diligent person comfortable juggling many phone calls.
Please send an email/cover letter touching on: 1) why this role interests you, 2) your experience with solar project development or finance, 3) your experience negotiating and closing transactions, and 4) some examples of your past business development efforts.
Contact Brandon Conard at jobs[at]solrivercapital.com